Crescent Beach Cottage
Construct a waterfront home in the traditional cottage style. Incorporate specific quality materials and intricate detail interior work to create the feeling of being below decks in a finely finished sailing vessel. Complete the home’s exterior with custom hardscaping and landscaping.
Project Executive: David W. Meyers,LEED AP BD+C
Project Manager: Gary W. Jerrell
Field Manager: Kenneth A. Lankford
Architect: Steven E. Hutchins, AIA
In order to deliver our Client’s vision for their future Florida home, we constructed a waterfront residence with the warm and welcoming feel of a traditional cottage, but with a level of detail and high-end finishes not usually found in your typical bayside cabin. The ground-up project extended from site preparation all the way to a standing seam copper panel roof.
The character of the Crescent Beach cottage is found in its intricate and personal details. Teak, ash and mahogany floors crafted in the style of a yacht’s cabin sole, a large stone fireplace and vaulted wooden ceilings create a welcoming yet elegant interior. Unique exterior features include custom crafted wrought-iron handrailing, a slate covered roofdeck off the master suite overlooking the Matanzas Bay and an elaborate lighting system to highlight the property’s beautiful indoor and outdoor architectural features. Additionally, creating an environment of cottage comfort for our Clients meant special attention to the heating, cooling and continuous dehumidification control of the interior space. The residence was equipped with a sophisticated HVAC system to accomplish these goals.
• Custom-made wrought-iron balustrade with spanish cedar handrail cap
• 16 oz. standing seam copper panel roof and copper flashing
• Stone fireplace
• Teak and ash wood floors with mahogany wood borders
• Synthetic stone wainscoting
• Custom cast stone water table and window sills
• Custom weatherproof exterior trim
• Solid heart honduran mahogany wood windows and doors fitted with Dade County approved impact glazing
• Vaulted cypress and douglas fir wooden ceilings
• Extensive millwork and cabinetry
• Concrete paver driveway and autocourt
• Custom hardscaping and landscaping package
• Extensive indoor and outdoor lighting systems